Considerable additional funding is now allocated to schools to ensure that all students have an equal chance of reaching their academic potential. This additional funding is based on the number of students in receipt of Free School Meals and is known as the Pupil Premium.
At Carnforth High School, we are determined that this money should be spent supporting the progress of disadvantaged and vulnerable students, and on ensuring that the quality of teaching and support across the school continues to improve for every student. At Carnforth High, we support Pupil Premium Students in many ways including the following:
- Providing additional staff support for students within lessons
- Additional support for students struggling with literacy
- Purchasing materials for students in receipt of the Pupil Premium
- Running a summer school for Year 6 students in receipt of the Pupil Premium
- Helping to fund trips/activities for students in receipt of the Pupil Premium
- Funding school transport
- A music service subsidy for instrumental lessons
Applying for Free School Meals
If you believe your child may be entitled to free school meals, the easiest way to apply is by telephoning the Lancashire County Council Area Education Office on 01524 581207. You will need to provide your (and your partner’s) national insurance number(s). Alternatively, you can download the form below and return it to the Lancaster Pupil Access Team.
|Pupil Premium Strategy 2019-2020||20 Jan 2022|
|Pupil Premium Funding Review 2018-19||20 Jan 2022|